Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements. This position address tight deadlines and requires strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Reviews general ledger accounts and adjusts journal entries as needed.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting/verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure all financial transactions within the company are accounted for and follow legal standards
- Assist the CFO and Accounting Manager with special projects
Job Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and corporate procedures
- Knowledge of account analysis reconciliations, cash forecasting, and fixed asset activity
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Strong problem solving, documentation and research skills, basic accounting principles knowledge
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to communicate effectively-verbally and in writing
- Able to manage tight deadlines and prioritize projects within those deadlines
- Energetic/positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Knowledge of Excel and Word